- Designed by architect George Harwell Bond, this theatre opened its doors in 1939 as a 1,000-seat art deco cinema live theatre. In the 70s the cinema operated as an X-rated adult cinema and live burlesque theatre until 1983, when it was purchased by George Lefont. Lefont renovated the theatre, and the balcony was enclosed to create a second screen. The theatre underwent renovations again when purchased by longtime Atlanta residents Jonathan and Gayle Rej in August of 2006. The Plaza Theatre is the last cinema of its kind in Atlanta, as well as the oldest continuously operating cinema in the city.
MARTA Accessible No Handicapped Accessible Yes Hearing Impaired Accessible No Visually Impaired Accessible No Indoor Yes Outdoor No Parking: Free parking is available.